Welcome

Welcome to fish out of water, a guide through my journey towards financial independence. I'm a college student who is moving out with two of my best friends and paying rent and some of my own bills for the first time. Here you will find my tips on how to save and make some extra cash when you're in need.. I hope this helps you if you are learning to budget, if you're between jobs, or if you're like me and happen to be making minimum wage. Feel free to message me with any questions, or tips of your own.
Enjoy!
-Madeline

Friday, August 17, 2012

Couponing Deal of The Week: August 17, 2012

Hey y'all!
When there's so much else to write about savings-wise, I don't want to bore you with the details of each and every one of my couponing purchases. 
From not on, I'll try to post my favorite deals every week and only post a full report of my steals and deals every once in awhile.
This week I have a great example to show you of how Catalina rewards can make a purchase worthwhile.

My deal of the week is:
Nivea Skin Firming Body Lotion with Q10 
4 for $1!
or $0.25 each!

Here's how I got the deal:
The lotions cost $10.49 apiece retail, so 41.96 total.
They were marked down to $6.00 this week, as advertised in their ad, so that makes $24.00
Rite Aid also had a deal giving you $10 +Up rewards when you spend $20.00, making the cost $14.00
I had four (4) $3.00 coupons for Nivea Q10 products which added up to $12.00, making the deal $2.00
I then used a $1.00 store coupon, making the total cost $1.00 (plus tax) bringing my total down to $1.00 total, so I ended up saving myself almost 98%! Sweet!
Some savvy couponers were able to print 7 coupons, making the deal a money maker
(The deal was $10 +Up rewards for every $20 spent before coupons, limit two) 
Like I said in a previous post, catalinas are great, but you are really only getting a discount if you actually use them!
Fortunately I had some other stuff to buy today, so I used them right away. 

I'm really excited to start trying out this lotion!
I've lost about 10 pounds now, and hopefully as I continue to lose this will help keep my skin nice and firm.

Mark 12:31 The second is this: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.”

Twotip: Some items are great to 'stockpile' away, but sometimes it's just better to share the freebies! When you get multiples of an item and know you won't be using them all up anytime soon, go ahead and give them away to a friend or relative who will! I know my mom would love some of this lotion, and it would take me quite a bit of time to use all of these big bottles, so that's where some of mine will be going! 

God bless!
-Madeline




No comments:

Post a Comment