Welcome

Welcome to fish out of water, a guide through my journey towards financial independence. I'm a college student who is moving out with two of my best friends and paying rent and some of my own bills for the first time. Here you will find my tips on how to save and make some extra cash when you're in need.. I hope this helps you if you are learning to budget, if you're between jobs, or if you're like me and happen to be making minimum wage. Feel free to message me with any questions, or tips of your own.
Enjoy!
-Madeline

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Get Cheap (or Free!) Groceries with Kellogg's Family Rewards!

Hey y'all!
Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
It's pretty late right now so I'm gonna make this post a quick one before I hit the hay.
I just wanted to share some crazy good news for lovers of Kellogg's products.
I just learned a couple of days ago that Kellogg's has a rewards site called Kellogg's Family Rewards.
Basically, you buy Kellogg's products that are specially marked with the "Family Rewards" Stamp, and inside are 16 digit codes that you can enter on their site to use towards purchasing Kellogg's branded products, including..... COUPONS!
Not just any coupons, incredibly high value coupons!
There are coupons on the site for $1.50 off of all kinds of products, ranging from cookies to crackers.
The great news is that a lot of these products retail for less than $3.00, and there are some sales coming up that will make them free when you use the coupons.
There is a current limit of 5 of each coupon set for each account, but I'm not sure how often the numbers reset.
Today and tomorrow, the coupons are on sale for 100 points apiece.
To put that into perspective, a box of cheez-its retails at my local grocery store for 2.28,
and comes with 90 points! 
That's almost a $1.50 return on your purchase, and it's pretty easy to find boxes that earn you double points!

Like I said, the coupons are on a huge sale right now, and it appears that they normally retail around 1000 points.
While the regular price may not seem too exciting, keep in mind that for each coupon you purchase you should get at least two prints (I say at least because a glitch let me print 3 of each today).
Even without the sale, it's definitely worth investing a few minutes each time you shop to seek out the specially marked packages and enter the codes online if you are a lover of Kellogg's products.

Now hurry up and go raid your pantries before the sale is over!

God Bless, 
Madeline

Twotip: Over the holidays when you visit friends and family, tell them about this great rewards program! Raid their pantries and show them any products you find with codes to spread some savings along with your holiday cheer!

No comments:

Post a Comment